Apps that Jocelyn Likes
Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been playing with my new iPad and researching the dizzying number of educational apps available.
Friday’s Educational App of the Day
We all remember Reading Rainbow with fond memories. Now your children can enjoy them as well with this fantastic literacy app. I wasn’t so sure that I wanted to pay $30 for 6 months of children’s books, but I enjoyed the first five so much I just went ahead and put out for the subscription. I have no regrets. I use the app every evening for my bedtime story or during my afternoon break. I forgot how nice it is to have someone read me stories until I fall asleep. The illustrations are beautiful, the voices are calm and relaxing, and I’ve even learned some things about inventors, like The Day Glo Brothers. If that doesn’t satisfy your need for Reading Rainbow Love here is Jimmy Fallon singing the Reading Rainbow theme song as Jim Morrison from the Doors. Yeah it IS that awesome. I can thank an awesome guest for introducing me to this wonderful video.
The app is free to try and a subscription service is available offering unlimited access to the library for just $9.99 a month or a valued price of $29.99 for six months (less than $5 per month).
• Over 300 books and 50 video field trips
• New books and videos added every week
• Easy discovery of books based on your child’s age and interests
• Accounts for up to five children in family, at no additional cost
• Read to Me or Read on my Own options
• Downloaded books can be read offline, in the car, on planes, in restaurants
• Delightful interactive activities in every book
• Reward program to motivate reading
• Parent dashboard to share a child’s reading progress
How the Reading Rainbow App Works
• All app users may select up to 5 books and view introductory videos for free.
• To subscribe and receive unlimited access to the library, choose either a monthly recurring subscription for $9.99 or a six-month recurring subscription for $29.99.
• Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on additional iPads you own.
• Payments will be charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20 bytes) in /home/content/16/11985916/html/wp-includes/meta.php on line 770